Wednesday 5 December 2012

Woodware - Sketch Challenge

I am starting to panic a bit about Christmas...I like to be organised and when I am not it tends to stress me. Sad but true. So in between making my Christmas cards I have about ten birthdays to make cards for. For this sketch challenge I decided to kill two birds with one stone as it were and use this card for my Auntie in Ireland. So here is the sketch:
 

And here is my birthday card :


This gorgeous bird is from the new Stampendous October 2012 catalogue (CRR158 Cling Nestled Bird). As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it for my bird collection. I have coloured the main image with Polychromos pencils to keep it quite natural looking. Then I splattered a fine spray mica paint across the piece by flicking a loaded paintbrush. The embossed script along the base of the background another Stampendous set CRS5029  Songbird - Jumbo Cling. I bought both of these from The Stamp Man.


My auntie loves flowers so I added a few flowers punched from pale pink card. I think it is a pretty card. I hope she likes it as it cost a blooming fortune to post to Ireland!!
I hope your Christmas preparations are going better than mine....never mind I am sure I will get there in the end. 
Remember there is a voucher up for grabs if you want to join is for this sketch challenge. Just check out the Woodware blog for details.
Siobhan x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...