Monday 9 April 2012

Woodware DT - 21st Birthday

I am first up this week for the Woodware team!! This week we are making 21st Birthday Cards. I wanted to use the gorgeous Stampendous Rose Corset as my centre piece. And for a change I have made a stepped card. 
My colour theme is black and white - simple but classy I always think. 


For the base I used an A4 sheet of black card. Woodware sell a thick black card which is perfect for this as you don't want anything too flimsy. I trimmed the length to 27cm then I scored across the short side at 3cm, 6cm, 10.5cm, 15cm and 20.5cm.
Use a bone folder to achieve nice neat, crisp folds.
Then decorate as desired.


I decorated the bodice with punched flowers and natural pearls. And I used the Woodware Crafty Edger with the cartridge.
For the numbers I painted then with white acrylic paint. When dry I stamped them with the border stamp from the Stampendous clear set Damask Chair. Then triple embossed them with Crystal embossing powder to give a sparkle. 


My niece is 23 this coming week so I may just swap the one for a three and Bob's your uncle!! Just don't tell Dorothy at Woodware!!
Siobhan 

6 comments:

  1. What makes you think I am not keeping an eye on you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Siobhan, love the different sections to it.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card - as you say - black and white looks so elegant and I just love that stamp. May have to purchase that one. Cheers Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Siobhan. Black and white, my favourite, and very elegant and classy as you say.
    I will have to get my thinking cap on for this challenge.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Siobhan,
    Another stunning card! Really beautiful.
    Was missing Stampaholics and came across your blog by happy accident. Am really pleased that you are including tutorials too as I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...