Wednesday 18 April 2012

Men's Cards

Both my offspring were home this last weekend. It was lovely to have them both here at the same time. So I never managed to fit in much crafting time. And here we are are well into a new week and not much to show for it!! Never mind, my husband is away this weekend so I craft guilt free!!
I have several birthdays cards to make in April. Tonight I finished a couple of quick ones for a two of the male birthdays. I always find men's cards challenging. But I have learnt from experience that they aren't bothered whether you spent 10 minutes or two hours on your creation....therefore the 10 min option is usually best!!


I do love Tim's old jalopy and it is great for a quick card. And I got to batter some brads...always good after a busy day at work!!
My father in law likes birds so this Crafty Individuals stamp made a nice enamelled centre piece for this quick card.


There is a new challenge at The Stamp Man this Friday. I have just finished my project but you will have to wait until Friday lunchtime to see what our DT have been up to!!
Siobhan 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Siobhan.
    Have just loaded my card for the new challenge and you will not believe what I have used, I hadn't even looked to see what everyone else had done.
    Good job I went with my second colour choice or I might have been accused of copying lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards Siobhan, and great images.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Siobhan, you're quite right, too. One of mine glances at his card then usually leaves it behind, while the other one just smiles sweetly. My dad says 'Could you not have bought one?' - so I gave up! Great, simple men card ideas there x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards for men, lovely colours and images.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pieces Siobhan, love the vintage fell to them both and great stamps too.
    Hope your week is going well.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, Siobhan, your cards are gorgeous. What you class as 10-minute cards would still probably take me all morning! And with a mostly-male family, I'm always glad of fresh ideas.....so a big "Thank You".
    Hugs,
    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful male cards Siobhan! They always fill me with horror - 10 mins? I'd still be worrying about it 10 hours later! I love the colours (tones) and the vintage look.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...