Saturday 2 March 2013

Tagtastic Circle Group

Last year I was part of a circle journal group. We decided this year to have a different theme and we decided on Technique Tags. For anyone that follows Tim Holtz, you will know that he uses tags for so much of his art work. They are a nice size and shape and easy to display or store.
The idea is that each month we chose a technique in advance. We make one tag using the basic technique as a reference. Then we make two tags using that technique then finishing with stamping and embellishments. One tag we keep for ourselves and the second goes to a member of our group. Its a great way to keep in touch as we meet for coffee and blether for an hour or so and today we swapped our first tags. So I told the girls that I would post the tags on my blog. I apologise in advance for the quality of the photos. The lighting was not great for taking pictures but hopefully you get the idea.
Our first technique was "BLENDED DISTRESS/SPRITZ AND FLICK". We thought we would start with something simple to ease everyone in.

First up was Erin's tag which went to Isobel. This was Erin's first attempted at this technique. I love the combination of colours.


Next was Isobel's tag. This went to Lin. I like the soft vintage colours and all the little haberdashery details.


Lin's tag went to Linda. I love the colours Lin used and the metallic pocket watch which started life as mirri card!

 
Next up Linda's Tag was for Liz. Unfortunately Liz couldn't make it today so I have her tag for safe keeping. So Liz if you see this you will know what you are getting!! The wings and flowers are all sparkly and I love the citrus colours Linda has used!! 


This was Linda's second tag, but she didn't know if Liz would like the Octopede factory image so went for a safer option to give away, but I love this one two - fun and quirky just like our Linda!!


Next up is Maggie's tag which went to Pat. Maggie was inspired by the Chinese New Year for her tag. I think she has captured the oriental theme beautifully! Can you spot a serpent's head?


Pat's tag came to me. Apologies Pat, my hand must of shook a bit when I took this photo. Pat is a new member to our group but I think she did a great job. I love the colours and the little scene is actually tissue paper. Very clever!


My tag went to Sue. I chose a nature scene for my tag. I got given the poppy die from my sister last time I was home in Ireland and thought it would work well in my country scene.


Sue ended up having to make a tag for her daughter Erin. So to surprise her she made two, one Erin had seen and the other she hadn't. This is the one Erin knew she was getting. I love the colours and the use of Frantage powders around the edge.

 
Now here is the tag that Erin didn't know about. Erin loves Winnie the Pooh so a perfect choice from her Mum!!


Last up is an extra tag I made. Lynne was unable to make the meeting so that meant Maggie would have had nothing to take home. So she got my extra tag of the elephants.


Everyone seemed to enjoy the challenge. It was lovely to see so many great interpretations of the technique. I think you will agree, we have a talented bunch of ladies. Next time we are tackling Embossed Resist Backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...