Friday 21 June 2013

Woodware - Sorry you are blue!

This week are theme for Woodware is "Sorry you are blue" . I think this week my catchphrase has been "Sorry I am tired!!" . I am back from a one week trip to Vancouver for a work related conference. Now I really enjoyed it, both the conference and getting to see my son who is currently out there. But every one of the four flights was delayed. We sat on the tarmac on the flight for Vancouver for over 4 hours while they fixed a temperature gauge. The flight back was also delayed over 4 hours as the PA system wasn't working!! So I was kind of shattered before I got there, then it was pretty full on for the week. So to cut a long story short this week has been about catching up with sleep and trying not to fall asleep at work!! 
Vancouver and Victoria are both beautiful cities and I hope to go back one day when I have more time to explore!! 
So a quick card today using the gorgeous little Stampendous "Lone bird". I used a brush less water technique with TomBow brush markers. After all the years I have been stamping this is still very much one of my favourite techniques.


As we are meant to be feeling blue I used blues on his belly. This is the nearest I will ever get to doing a watercolour picture!!
I then layered up the card on a couple of shades of blue Bazzill card stock. I punched out a few flowers out of the light blue background layer before sticking to the darker blue layer. 


The sentiment was done on the computer and then cut out with an oval die or punch.Thank goodness it is Saturday tomorrow. I am so looking forward to not having to get up early for work. Have a good weekend!!
Siobhan x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...