Saturday 27 July 2013

Woodware - Punches on Parade

I am last up this week at Woodware for our theme using punches. I have to admit I don't use a lot of punches in my cards so I ended up keeping it very simple. I was all set to sit down and create something a little more involved like a spray of summer flowers. Then my daughter phoned to ask if they could come up for a while that evening. She and her boyfriend Sean were just back from a week's holiday in Tunisia. So I thought she wanted to show us her holiday pictures. And I have to admit I was less than enthusiastic on the phone claiming I had a lot to do that night but sure they were welcome to come up for a wee while. Anyway it turned out they had got engaged when on holiday. So a couple of glasses of wine later I suddenly remembered I needed to get this card made as Dorothy (our team leader was going away) and needed stuff from us early.
So I literally made this card in about 20 minutes. Most people have circle punches or dies so these flowers are so quick and easy.


 Once punched out I just roughen up the edges with my scissor blade and sponge the edges with a darkish ink to give them a distressed look. Then I use a large ball embossing tool on a foam mat to give them a bit of a cup shape to make them stand out a bit.


I like to finish them off with some buttons and pearls. I quite like the rustic but contemporary feel to the flowers. I also added a few punched out leaves to the hand drawn stems.
Well it looks like it's going to be another cracking weekend. Hope it's a good one for you. I am now counting down the days to our holiday ... only two weeks to go!!!! Boy do I need this holiday!!
Siobhan x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...