Saturday 11 January 2014

Woodware - Retirement

Our DT at Woodware were given a couple of weeks off over Christmas and New Year. Which is just as well as I did very little crafting over that period. I got my sewing machine out instead and caught up on a few jobs that had been outstanding for some considerable time!! 
Whilst we enjoyed the festive period Dorothy was busy posting sample cards using some of the new Woodware stamps that have just been launched. So it was nice to sit back and see those.
I did not have anything in my stash that shouts out retirement so I decided to use one of my Stampendous stamps CRR 187 Train Postcard. Although released as a Christmas stamp I have mainly used it for other occasions and thought it would lend itself well to a "retirement theme"



The colours did not come out great due to my lack of daylight hours just now in whic to photograph samples.  But I used a mixture of blues and greens inks blended on white card stock before stamping the image twice using black ink. I cut out the oval train image on one piece to layer onto the background postcard. The typed works were computer generated and cut out.


The leaves were punched from scraps I had left over and the edges sponged with black to make them stand out. They conveniently cover the holly branch stamped underneath!!


The textured blue background card was gently swiped with a navy blue ink pad to pick up the texture. And I finished off stamping my sentiment (Magenta) onto a luggage label tag and tied with a bit of baker's twine.
I am last to post this week so if you are stuck for retirement card ideas then remember to stop by the Woodware blog to see what the other girls have come up with.Hope you are having a good weekend. I still have thank you cards to make so I better get a move on with them!!
Siobhan x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...