Saturday 22 February 2014

Woodware - Flourishes and Swirls

Another week already!! Well this week our theme on the Woodware challenge blog is Flourishes and Swirls. I recently bought this new Woodware set designed by the lovely Jane Gill. I just love the simplicity of the flowers with the swirly stems. So I thought it would fit the brief perfectly. The set is called Daisy Panel JGS334.


I love the script used for the Birthday Wishes and have used this loads already. 
For the tag I simply stamped the image in black and coloured in with watercolour pencils. Then I used a glue pen and some pastel blue glitter to add a bit of bling to the daisy heads. 


The organza dotty ribbon was heat with my heat gun to make it shrivel and go crinkly.
I then used the Happy Birthday to stamp repeatedly across the blue background card to give a bit of interest.


The little butterflies are punched from vellum that has been embossed with a Stampendous powder called Vintage Blue embossing tinsel. The photo does not really show off how sparkly they are!!


I love this powder.....says she who is not normally a glitter kind of girl!!
Hope you all have a great weekend. I am looking forward to catching up with a couple of friends for coffee and a natter. Just the perfect unwind after a busy week.
Siobhan xx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card siobhan, never heard of the embossing tinsel before but I like the effect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...