Tuesday 17 June 2014

WOODWARE - Featuring Buttons

This week at Woodware we are using buttons. I love buttons and have used them before in our DT challenges. So for my project this week I decided to use one of Francoise's word stamps. I recently bought the "Happy Birthday" stamp. I have seen lots of lovely samples of these stamps using a paper piecing technique. But as I find that very fiddly and time consuming I have used a different approach.

I stamped the image onto white card in black and then coloured in the letters with bright zingy colours. I also stamped it onto a piece of double sided film. I cut it all out using a scalpel blade. Then peel off the backing and carefully stick it down onto the coloured letters. Take your time to try and get a good match for a better finish.



I then pressed onto the sticky film a selection of little buttons, gems and pearls. Then I covered the whole piece with an ultra fine crystal glitter. Shake off the excess and you are left with a softer version that up close looks like sorbet!!


Sadly the photos don't really do it justice. I had fun making this and I am sure I will use this technique again on these word stamps. I have a couple of others to try it out on .... one of these days when I have time!!
For lots of fantastic button ideas this week check out our Woodware blog!!
Ah well ... back to the ironing!!
Siobhan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...