Sunday 27 September 2015

I am Back!!

Well it's been a while since I last posted anything on my blog. What a year it's been!! We sold our house and had to move into a rented house for 3 months. My daughter got married in June. We then moved into our new house in July. Then my father-in-law became ill and sadly passed away recently. So lots of happy moments, hard graft and then sadness when Graham's Dad died.

With all the upheaval going on my craft stuff was packed away for several months and I have only just settled into my new craft room. It is considerably smaller to my last craft space. Downsizing has been interesting ...... and difficult. We crafters don't like to part with anything that may or may not be useful. I am now enjoying crafting again. 

Last weekend my friend Linda and I went down to Skipton to the Beamsley craft retreat. We have been going for 4 years now and love it. I actually managed to make 39 Christmas cards. A great start to my Christmas preparations. Here are a few of them.


I bought a new Penny Black stamp with the berries. I really enjoyed playing with this. 





This was another new Penny Black stamp with lots of potential. I wanted to try it in lots of colours. These are my favourites.





I loved the autumn colours of this one. This stamp will be useful for a variety of occasions


These next two are variations of designs I have done before. But they are stamps I love and they come out every year.


The next two are very similar in style. Simple but effective:




And of course my favourite Penny Black prancing deer. I just love that stamp.


We had a great weekend in Yorkshire. Laughing, eating and crafting ... the perfect tonic after a very busy year.
Siobhan xx

6 comments:

  1. Siobhan it's wonderful to see you back in blogland. What a year you have had. Let's hope that it settles down now. Big hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year you've had indeed but welcome back, Siobhan. Sorry to read about the loss of your husband's father though. However, you have brought a wonderful selection of cards ... the retreat must have been the perfect crafty pick-me-up. We did the moving almost two years ago and my new craft was also smaller than the old one. Like you say, it's not easy deciding what to keep and what to do without when you are a crafter. Now that same room has had a makeover and it is time to move everything back in again ... trouble is, it doesn't seem to fit, which is odd, it did before!!! Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back in blog land. Love the cards, not crafty has not made you rusty...Glad the weekend went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Siobhan. What a lovely selection of cards - I love them all. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to crafty blogland Siobhan, gorgeous cards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...