Monday 4 March 2019

Mixed Media Bird Houses Frame

I bought this frame a few years ago in the shape of a row of houses. Like many crafters, I buy things with a vague idea of what I want to do with it. And then they sit in a corner of my craft room gathering dust!! Until the time is right.....


To start with I gave it a light sand and removed a few wooden birds that had been stuck on.




I then added paste with stencils and added some chipboard pieces. For added texture I added a gritty texture paste (Graphite paste by Prima) especially on the roof. Everything was painted with black gesso and then I started adding colour with mica sprays and metallic paints.

I knew I wanted a bird theme (so predictable I know) but I also found a couple of little rabbits that just had to be included.


Instead of photos I stamped some of my favourite bird images and popped them into the frame apertures. I was quite pleased with this and am now looking forward to my next project.
Have a good week. 
Siobhan x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...