Yes this was definately a hard one this week. I had great ideas but most of them ended up in the bin. So in the end I went for very simple. The Woodware sheet comes with several different sizes of mini file folders. Great for gift tags to suit all sizes of gifts.
A nice idea for a gift would be to make a selection of these for various occasions and put them in a nicely decorated box. I like to use coloured tissue paper for gift wrapping and often don't have time to make a gift tag from scratch.
The larger ones are perfect little holders for the credit card style gift cards that are widely available. To make this seem more a gift in itself why not make this cute little folder to pop the gift card in.
This little folder is quick to make:
- Cut a strip of card 8.5 x 25cm
- Score at 10.5, 11.5 and 22cm
- Fold on the score lines.
- At the short flap end round the corners with a punch.
- Mark 2 holes in the middle of the flap about 1cm apart.
- Punch holes with a punch. Close up the booklet so that you can draw through the holes onto the card below. Punch these holes out.
- Cut a piece of nice paper 8 x 7 cm and attach to LHS of front panel.
- Decorate as desired. Thread ribbon through holes on front panel.
- Colour and decorate largest size file folder from the sheet.
- Attach to inside of folder. Insert gift card. Thread ribbon through holes in flap and tie in a bow.
I really am looking forward to see what the rest of the team have done this week!!! Why not check out the Woodware Blog for yourself.