Monday 3 October 2011

Creative Expressions - Vintage Typewriter

This week's piece for the Creative Expressions DT is another project using the Vintage Typewritter set designed by Sam Poole. I am really enjoying this set.
I have cut four 6cm squares of white card and used Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Inks to create the background. I then stamped various elements from the ser to create the background stamping (Brushed Corduroy). Then I have joined them on the back to form a mini patchwork.


I then offset the layering. I stamped the typewritter in coffee Archival ink, cut it out and distressed with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink. I finished off with a Tim Holtz pen nib.
When you see this post I will be away in Ireland visiting my Dad and sister.
Check out the rest of the teams creations at Creative Expressions.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely piece Siobhan, love the colour palette and your patchwork . Enjoy your trip. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Hope you have a great time with your family. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea and the colours are really great! Have a wonderful time in the Emerald Isle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card. I love how you've done the background and the colours are fabulous. Have a lovely time with your family.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love how you have done the background! So clever. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours you've used and your background is fab!

    Enjoy your time in Ireland!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Siobhan! I love the patchwork background you created, and such a fresh colour to use with the vintage brown. Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...