Wednesday 16 January 2013

Woodware - Heart Felt Wishes




Our challenge this week over at Woodware is Heart Felt Wishes. Some of the Woodware team are over in the States for the winter CHA, lucky devils. Hopefully coming back with some exciting new products to tempt us. I must admit that is one of the things I do miss now that my shop has gone. I loved going to trade shows to see all the lovely new things and get to participate in some really good workshops. Working in the NHS doesn't really offer the same excitement!! 

Anyway my sample for this week's post uses the absolutely gorgeous Stampendous stamp CRP147 Butterfly Post. I just stamped it in a dark brown ink and blended some soft pink inks over the edges to soften it. 
I also stamped the butterfly onto vellum and embossed it with clear powder. I cut this out and added some pink glitter pen over the top of the wings for a bit of shimmer.



I did a bit of background stamping with the flourish from the Cling Jumbo Hollyhocks set. The flower was made from about 8 large daisies punched out of the vellum or parchment paper. The tips of the daisy were sponged with a soft pink ink, and the glittery centre is one of the glittery snowballs that Woodware started selling last year (not just for Christmas!!)


I also used a crafty edger punch for a lacy border. I always find butterfly cards are popular for birthdays and I love this stamp. It's one I have used many times.
Well that's it for this week. Be sure to pop over to the Woodware blog for great inspiration. 
Siobhan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...