Friday 4 January 2013

Woodware - Vintage Hearts and Love

This week's theme at Woodware is called "Vintage Hearts and Love". Before we know it Valentine's Day will be upon us!! So this card will be put away to give to my hubby on the day. He will probably fall about laughing. Firstly we don't usually bother now with Valentines Day cards and secondly he doesn't really do the whole romance thing!! Then he will feel all guilty because he didn't get me anything!!
I have used a Magenta cling set as my main image (37.257Q Retro Romance). As the name implies it is quite a modern image so I have tried to make it more vintage.

The image was stamped and embossed with white powder. Then I blended 2 or 3 shades of brown inks over the resist and buffed it up with a bit of kitchen towel to make the white pop.I painted the centre of the hearts with Pearl-ex gold to make them shimmer.


For the next panel I softly blended the same brown inks onto a square of white card stock. I used a flourish stamp (this one is the ornate border from CRS5031 Jumbo Hollyhocks by Stampendous) spritzed with water to lift off some of the ink to give a watermark effect. Then I stamped some script across the panel. This lovely script is from Stampendous CRS5029 Jumbo Songbird.
The background bronze card had a little bit of stamping in the corners embossed with a detail gold powder. This little vine was actually part of CRP110 Dragonfly Vine. I like to use parts of a stamp sometimes  to add little details. I think as a previous shop owner I was always trying to show people just how versatile stamps can be. I guess old habits die hard.

 
The words were computer generated and the lace is a Woodware product that is self adhesive making it so easy to use.
I suppose it could be a wedding card too.
Have a good weekend. At least the weather promises to be a bit better. 
Siobhan x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Siobhan, love the hearts and the white embossing. Happy New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic website you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get advice from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks a lot!
    buy driftwood australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...