Thursday 12 December 2013

Woodware - Sketch 29

We have a sketch challenge this week at Woodware. The good thing about a sketch challenge is that you don't have to worry about your lay-out, that is already thought out for you. I love to see what the other girls in the DT come up with.
Here is the sketch: 


I have used the sketch as a base for another Christmas card. Here is my take on it :



Apologies for the poor quality of the photos. It's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home so not great for photographing cards. 
The background panels were all stamped using Stampendous stamps. The main image, evergreen sprig and pine cone all come from a jumbo cling set.
The main image was made using a brush less watercolour technique with brush markers. Simply apply the pens direct onto the stamp and spritz lightly with water. So quick and effective but still one of my favourite techniques!!


I wanted a card for an elderly neighbour who lost her husband this year. I still wanted to give her a handmade card as I know she loves to receive them, but wanted something a little less jolly!! Hopefully this will fit the bill.
We are having our departmental Christmas get together and Secret Santa tomorrow. I am desperately trying to get into the mood but it's not working!! I think I am definitely becoming a grumpy old woman!! 
See you next week.
Siobhan

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...