Thursday 21 August 2014

WOODWARE - What's Your Favourite ....

This week at Woodware we have been asked to pick our favourite tool. I decided to pick rubber stamps as my favourite tool. An artist uses brushes, pens, pencils etc to draw or paint. I would love to be able to paint or draw but was never happy with what I did. Then I discovered rubber stamps and a whole new world of creativity opened up to me. The stamp was just the starting point as you could do so much with them.
I have made a simple tag this week as I have been away and not had a lot of time. But hopefully it demonstrates that an empty white tag can be transformed with layers of stamping.


On the main tag I used white acrylic ink on a script stamp and stamped all over a white tag. Once dry I blended pink and soft brown inks over the script which acts as a resist. I added a filigree border across the top. 


Around the edges of the tag I have used some Stampendous Shabby Pink Frantage powder.
The rest doesn't need much explaining. The black dress was a big Woodware dress punch. I covered a scrap of black card with double sided adhesive film. I punched out another couple of dresses and stuck them all together for a bit of strength. Then I peeled off the top coat of the film and covered with crystal glitter for a lovely sparkly little black dress.


A few buttons and a little vintage lace along the bottom finish off my tag.
I love making tags as they are a nice size and I like to put them together on book rings and hang them on my desk. They are great for inspiration when Mr Mojo has left the building!!
I hope you have enjoyed inspiration this week on the Woodware blog ... it has been a good week!!
Siobhan x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Siobhan, it's different, great colours and really well executed :)

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...