Thursday 19 February 2015

WOODWARE - Mother's Day, a Special Lady

The theme this week at Woodware is Mothers Day, but we don’t all have our Mum’s to make cards for, but I bet that everybody has a special lady in their lives that is like a Mum to them, it may even be just a friend who is always there for you. 
My mum is no longer with us but I know she always appreciated receiving a handmade card from me and my sister. 
For my card I have chosen a lovely stamp from Stampendous. Butterflies are always popular and I love blue butterflies.




I simply stamped it in black and used watercolour pencils to add colour and a wet paint brush to blend the colours a bit. I then splattered the die cut panel with fine splatters of blue and gold mica powder mixed with a little water.



The sentiment came from a clear Stampendous set and I thought it was appropriate.
To finish off I used some music paper from Woodware and edged it with a punched border of blue. The butterflies are from vellum that has been coated with embossing ink and sparkly powder. Once melted you can punch out flowers or butterflies etc.

And here is the finished card:



I think this is a stamp I will get a lot of use out of!! 
Siobhan x

8 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...