I can't believe it's time for another Stamp Man Challenge. This time the lovely Angela has chosen for us the theme of "Collage/Collage Background" . To me collage means layers of paper, ink, stamping and adding things!!
As Christmas is fast approaching I thought I would have a go at a Tim Holtzesque tag.
This is how I built up my layers:
- Cut a Tim Holtz Big Tag from mount board and text paper from an old book. Stick together.
- Apply a thin layer of gesso to the text paper. Allow to dry.
- Stamp several snowflakes with Versamark and emboss with white powder, making sure to avoid the area where the overhanging pine bough is to be stamped.
- Apply and blend blue distress inks over the top.
- Stamp the pine bough in the top left. Stamp the small pine tree several times in bottom left with Pine Needles distress ink.
- Sponge a little versamark along the bottom of the tag and emboss with white powder to create drifting snow.
- Die cut deer from mount board and stamp with music background then colour with Brushed Corduroy distress.
- The ornate plate was partially inked with silver ink and embossed with Stardust powder. I also inked the edges of the tag with silver ink and embossed with the Stardust powder. The photos don't really show up the sparkle, but it really is pretty and catches the light.
- To finish I added ribbon and a snowflake brad, some gemstones and a shrink plastic snowflake dangling off the end of the ornate plate.
I had fun making this. I like making tags but haven't made one in ages so this has got me in the mood again. Be sure to check out what the rest of the team have created and perhaps join us at The Stamp Man Challenge. Be sure to check out The Stamp Man online shop. They are offering free postage over £20 at the moment.
I thought I would also enter this at The Artistic Stamper challenge which for November is Backgrounds. I just discovered this site tonight and was very inpressed by their DT.