This week's challenge is called "Just One Layer". Easy I thought!! But no, definitely not so easy!! I think we spend a lot of time adding layers to projects, that it is hard to get back to basics!!
I decided to use my new Dreamweaver stencil LJ906 Maple Leaves for my card.
|Dreamweaver Maple Leaves|
- To start with I measured 1.5cm in from each edge of my 15cm square card blank.
- I masked off this area with post-it notes and sponged shades of orange and red inks to make the background.
- I used a circle mask to create the setting sun.
- I then stencil embossed the maple leaves onto the front of the card.
- I used shades of reds and browns pigment inks and a stencil brush to colour the leaves.
- To finish off I splattered paint from a Pearl Ex micacolour palette. The one I used is called Vintage, which has some lovely autumnal shades in it.
|Close up to see paint splattering.|
I thought this would make a nice retirement card. I am last this week to post for the Woodware DT. Be sure to check out what my fellow team mates did earlier this week.