Tuesday 11 September 2012

Anything But a Stamp

This week's challenge at Woodware is to make something without using any stamps. Not something I do very often!! Last week I used a stencil so I had a rake through some peel-offs (yes....I actually have a drawer full) . 
I found a sheet of Stampendous peel offs featuring little trees and thought they were quite sweet and would make a simple and quick card.


Rather than stick a tree straight on a piece of card I made a little landscape using embossing powders. I cut a circle of card, inked it thoroughly with Versamark. Starting with the lightest colour, cover a strip near the bottom, tip off the excess. Then with the next colour pour on another area and tip over the first powder. This prevents any contamination. Once all your colours are on heat to melt.


I used Stampendous powders Aged Ivory, Golden Sand and Caramel.
I added some matting layers using Kraft and copper card stock. 


I even used the sentiment peel-off from the sheet and a few little birds. A quick and simple card!!
I am away to watch The Great British Bake Off. Still on a high after Andy Murray won the US open last night .... a fantastic end to a great summer of sport. Maybe I will get more crafting done now it's all finished!!
Siobhan x

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous way you have used the peeloffs Siobhan and lovely colours.
    Have a great day.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...