Thursday 6 September 2012

Woodware - Sketch 15



It's time for another sketch this week from Woodware. This one is very simple and I have stuck pretty much to the original design.


I met up with Dorothy last weekend at a trade show in Perth. It was nice to catch up and to see all the lovely new products on the Woodware stand. I saw a lovely sample made with a new Dreamweaver stencil and that inspired me to use it for my sample this week.



This is the stencil : LG745  Tree Line




I ran the stencil through my Cuttlebug with black card to emboss it. Then I sponged Versamark ink through the stencil. To create the moon I punched a circle (I used the Woodware yellow circle punch) from a post-it note. I positioned the circle where I wanted my moon to be and used a brush to brush on pearl mica powder. I used Pearl-ex but there are lots of makes of these shimmery powders.
I removed the circle mask then brushed on 2 or 3 shades of gold powder with the darker one at the bottom. 

Then I removed the stencil (which was attached with low tack masking tape) and used a large soft brush to remove any excess powder. A quick spritz of water sets the powder.
To finish off I added a bit of Stampendous Aged Gold and Aged Taupe the image and gold matting layer.
I stamped a few sprigs in black onto the bronze background, added a greeting and then punched out 3 maple leaves from copper metal sheet.


I love the shimmery effect of the mica powders, but as is often the case the photo does not pick up the shimmer too well!! 
This is a challenge sketch, so why not show us what you can do and perhaps win a voucher. Check us out on the Woodware blog for details on how to enter.
Looking forward to the weekend and some rest and relaxation!! 
Siobhan x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeously shimmery and I love how you've used the stencil and the aged enamel powders which I really like!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Siobhan !! What's the sandwich you use in your cuttlebug to emboss these - I'm scared I'll break something !!

    Hope family is all well xx
    Margaret C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...