Friday 7 September 2012

The Stamp Man - Summer Sizzlers

Our new challenge over at The Stamp Man was chosen by Kim. She apparently loves hot summer colours. As we appear to be having a nice spell before autumn arrives I was a bit confused and ended up using my lovely Stampendous Raven stamp. So apologies for my misinterpretation!! Just see the hot colours and not the raven!!


Both the background panels were made using blended Distress inks - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Picked Raspberry. I added some layers of stamping for texture. The gorgeous border stamp is another Stampendous stamp that I use a lot. It comes from a Jumbo Cling set called "Hollyhocks". 


I have a thing about Ravens and find them fascinating. As soon as I saw this stamp I had to have it!! The little punched circles came from the Stampendous Crowscape stamp that I bought last year, which is still available.


To finish the card I made a flower punched from Glassine paper. I used the largest flower from Tim's Tattered Floral die and cut several layers. I stamped them with a texture stamp using metallic gold Staz-on. Before joining the layers with a brad I crumpled them up. I love the effect you get with this glassine paper.
Remember if you want to join us, the theme is Summer Sizzlers... anything you like using hot summer colours. There is a £10 voucher for the winner!! Pop along to the challenge blog to see what my team mates have been making for your inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation, great hot colours and I think the Raven is perfect. Love the spot stamping in each circle. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is a very colourful season love your hot colours here with a halloween feel it is brilliant. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Siobhan, love tha mix of the Distress colours you've used. Great hot colours ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious background colours, and I'm with you on loving the raven stamp - the text is so beautiful! Wonderful glassine flower too... great inspiration, thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...