Tuesday 29 April 2014

Woodware - What do you do with your brayer!!

First of all apologies for no blog post last week. I am recovering from a nasty chest infection and I spent most of last week in my bed. But I went back to work today and am trying to get back on track!!
This week we are playing with our brayers!! How many of us have them and hardly use them ...... indeed!! Although I did actually do workshops using brayers in my Stampaholic days. One of my favourite techniques is using the brayer and paper masks to create mini landscapes. So this is what I did for this week's Woodware challenge



I cut out a line of hill tops from some scrap paper and lay that onto my panel of white card stock. I then inked up the brayer with a dye ink (Mountain Rose Adirondack). I rolled off the first revolution of the brayer onto scrap paper. Then roll several times in one direction over the card and mask. Then lift the mask and move it up and along a bit. Repeat the brayering without re-inking to get a line of softer hills behind. Then I moved the mask down towards the base of the card stock and re-inked for a darker layer of hills in the foreground.


Then it is just a case of some over-stamping to finish off. I like to use purples, blues and greens for this technique depending on the mood I am trying to capture.
Well that's it for now. I am having a month off the DT. The very talented Kim Reygate is going to be filling in for me until the end of May. So be sure to check out the Woodware blog to see what she and the other girls are up to!!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...