Tuesday 2 September 2014

Woodware - Craft Canvas

This weeks challenge at Woodware was to use Craft Canvas. This great product is a canvas that acts like paper. You can stamp it, die-cut it, stitch it, stencil on it ........ and the list goes on. There is lots of information about it on the Woodware blog.
I knew early last week what I was going to do with mine but sadly things didn't work out as planned. Our wee Westie Rory become ill on Tuesday and steadily declined over the next few days. We had a pretty stressful few days but by Thursday evening we had to make the sad decision to let him go. Rory was put to sleep late Thursday night. So between exhaustion and grief my head has not been in the right place and crafting was the last thing I wanted to do. He was such a character and I know we will miss him so much. So apologies for the rush job I ended up with for my DT project.



I had seen a really nice project on a blog I follow Very Berry Handmade. Ali is a very talented Mum who designs lots of lovely sewing projects. Her mini art wrap caught my eye and this is what I wanted to use my canvas for. I am trying to get into zentangling and I thought this would be the perfect place to keep all the pens and pencils and an A6 blank book to draw in. So the idea was to zentangle the canvas before making up the wrap. Now that I have made one I will make one properly as it is a great idea. Ali's tutorial has step-by-stem photos for each step and is so easy to follow. 

So I will not go into detail of how to make this, just click on the link and follow Ali's instructions.
I joined two piece of canvas and a piece of fabric for the front of the wrap


The ties were added before stitching the right hand side together.



This was the inside of the wrap with lots of pockets sewn in:



And here is the finished project :



And from the back :


Then all I had to do was fill it with my fine black pens and pencils and a little A6 blank art note book.


All ready to chuck in my bag so I can zentangle anywhere!! 


And here, as they say, is one I did earlier!!

Please forgive the wonky stitching, but my next attempt will be so much better!!
Have a good week.

Siobhan x

3 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you Siobhan...I'm going down the same road with my old sweet Taz,,,

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your loss of Rory. I know how it feels, we lost our Westie Jock a couple of years ago aged 14, big empty gap in our lives. Still talk of him fondly with happy memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...