Saturday, 21 March 2015

WOODWARE - Accordion cards

Well I am last this week to post for our Woodware DT. It has been lovely to see all the variations on the theme of accordion cards. Mine is probably the simplest as it is cut from a single sheet of A4 card.





I once used this idea in a workshop so I already had the template drawn out for the folded card and the matting layers. 
The backgrounds for each panel were made by blending blues and rusty oranges. This is not my usual colour scheme but I wanted to be quite bold with this one!! I then over stamped softly with a script, flourish and leaf stamp. Then some darker foliage. To give the whole background a lovely shimmer I mixed some interference gold pearl-ex powder with water in a spritzer bottle. I sprayed the panels and dried with my heat gun. This resulted in a lovely shimmer!! Sadly this is not properly visible on the photos.


Then I added some birds and text to complete the card. The ribbon was cream which I dipped into the inks I used for the background. A swipe of each on the craft mat then spritzed with water and gold spray is perfect for dipping ribbon to get a great match for your project.


The charm and metal flowers were the final finishing touch. 


This card will fold up to fit a DL envelope.

Be sure to check out all the great accordion cards made by the rest of the team across on the Woodware blog.

Well thats' it for this week. My hubby and I are enjoying a quiet week end. The last two or three weeks have seen us painting, plastering, gardening and cleaning for all our worth. And tomorrow our house goes on the market!! We are hoping to get a house with a bit more room to make it nicer for family and friends to stay!! And a little craft room for moi!!
See you next week.
Siobhan x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project. Hope all is well.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...