Monday 9 March 2015

WOODWARE - Blooming Marvellous big blooms

Our challenge from Woodware this week is "Blooming Marvellous - big blooms". If I had looked at the list sooner I could have used the lovely jumbo poppy that I used in last week's challenge. But sadly I am never that organised. So I used a couple of Woodware clear stamps "Cow Parsley Flower Heads" and "Wheat", both designed by Jane Gill. 



I did a blended background first and then stamped the images in black to make them pop. The sentiment was gold embossed onto a strip of torn vellum and wrapped around the main panel. Then a bit of dry embossed gold and a text stamp on the pale green card. 


A card that could be used for lots of occasions.

I even managed a trip to a get to a craft shop on Saturday. Our tag group decided to have a day away to Craft World in Glasgow. It was a very enjoyable trip and we all managed to buy lots of lovely new items. So thanks Rosie, Pat, Isobel, Maggie and Sue!! I am itching to get into my craft room but at the moment it is full of bedroom furniture as we are painting our bedroom. So I will just have to be patient!!

A few people have expressed an interest in what Catriona and I have come up with for her wedding invitations. Now that they are all finished I can show you. Her theme is Art Deco. The stamps came from Waltzing Mouse and the embossing folder from Creative Expressions was perfect for her theme!!



And for the evening we went for something simpler. 


Next it's the place settings and menu cards!!
Siobhan x

5 comments:

  1. The wedding invitations are lovely. I hope you don't have to do hundreds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your card and how you have used the vellum -must have a go with that soon xx Wedding invites wow! love that art deco idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siobhan,where did you get the wedding invitation word stamp as can't see it on Waltzing mouse.The font is perfect for what I need and seems hopeless to get a hold of.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...