Tuesday 3 March 2015

WOODWARE - Chosen by Jane - Pointillist Technique

This week at Woodware Jane was asked to chose this week's theme. And she came up with "pointillist technique". I have to admit my first reaction was a rather big groan!! Colouring in is something I am not great at so I wasn't looking forward to this week's challenge. But that's why it is called a challenge. And I am always game to try something once.

For my project I chose the beautiful poppy flower by Stampendous (CRS5048). This is a jumbo cling stamp and I thought it would lend itself to this technique.


Dorothy has a very nice explanation of where the technique comes from on the Woodware blog. I used Copic markers for mine. I also used the technique around the poppy to try and add some shadow.


Hopefully in the close ups you can see the individual dots. I actually used 5 shades of blue for the petals!!


It will be interesting to see what the other girls do with it. I have tried it but don't think I will be in a rush to do it again!! Although I do love the stamp.
Have a good week.
Siobhan x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...