Friday 24 February 2012

The Stamp Man - Colours of Spring/Easter/Mother's Day

The latest challenge over at The Stamp Man is "Colours of Spring, Easter or Mother's Day".It's Lisa's turn to host this time. We also welcome a new member to our team ... Kim Reygate. I am sure most of you have come across her work in various magazines over the years and she also has a couple of books published. I am a huge fan of her work so was delighted when we were told the news!!
I decided to go with pinkie tones for this old fashioned Mother's Day card. I have just bought some new Stampendous stamps. This one is called Profile Portrait and I just loved the vintage image of the woman smelling a rose.


I blended Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet Distress inks onto a square of white card stock and used a music stamp to create my background. I tore a couple of strips of paper to use as diagonal masks so that the music score would be less solid. I also stamped some swirls with versamark and water to further enhance the background.


The flower was made using one of the flowers on Tin Holtz's Tattered Floral die. I cut out about 12 from text paper. I then sprayed with one of the Starburst stain sprays to give a lovely shimmer as well as tinting them pink. A bit of punched foliage and an antique brad finish the card. Think this will do nicely for my mother-in-law!!
I hope you take the time to visit the challenge and join us. Remember there is a £10 voucher to be won every fortnight.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Siobhan x

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Siobhan, I love the blending of the colour and the text flower is just gorgeous. Well Done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Siobhan, love the colour palette, lovely Spring feel and I love the vintage image and your gorgeous flower. Enjoy the weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So vintage and scrummy Siobhan. Love the monochromatic effects and the fabulous stamps you have used.
    Hope you are lots better now.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Siobhan. Thanks for all the lovely things you said about me. I look forward to being part of this wonderful team.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning card. I love your flower and the beautiful image.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely springy card. Looks very Romantic almost. Fabulous. Have a great week. Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...