Friday 9 March 2012

The Stamp Man Challenge - Vintage

Gosh another Stampman Challenge !! Where does the time go!! This time Jill (Mrs Stamp Man) has chosen the theme of Vintage. My last card project for The Stamp Man featured a lovely new image from Stampendous CRF215 Cling Profile Portrait. I really love this one so decided to use it again along with some of the fabulous new Frantage powders.


Here's a quick run down how I made it :

  • Cut a 14cm square of thick white card and blend Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen, Broken China and Brushed Corduroy Distress inks to completely colour it. 
  • Ink up large swirl (Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish) with Versamark. Spritz with water and stamp to lift off some colour for the first background layer. 
  • Ink up music score stamp with Brushed Corduroy and use the 2nd impression to stamp over entire card. Stamp a bolder border along base with brushed corduroy.
  • Layer panel onto 14.5cm square of antique gold card. Sponge all round edge unevenly with Versamark. Cover with about 3 different colours of the Frantage powders. I used Aged Silver, Aged Taupe and Aged Aqua. Heat to melt.
  • Stamp lady onto white card, cut out and blend over Antique Linel and a little Spun Sugar to give a blush on the cheeks and roses.
  • Cut out a nestie frame (I used the Fleur de Lis squares). Cover all round edges with Versamark. Then sprinkle on the same powders I love the way they all fuse together.
  • I finished off with a rose made from glassine paper and one of the Tim Holtz tattered flowers dies. I also sprayed on some iridescent gold glimmer mist for a lovely shimmer.
I was quite please with this card as the powders seemed to bring it all together.
Now let's see what you can do!! Remember there is a £10 gift voucher to be won. When this post appears I will be on my way to Yorkshire for the Lovin' Ink retreat.I am so looking forward to a weekend of crafting, chatting, shopping and eating in beautiful Yorkshire!!
Siobhan x

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Siobhan. Gorgeous background stamping and colours.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of this Siobhan :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vintage piece, love the colours, one of my favourite combinations. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully executed, Siobhan and lovely colours. Love the Stampendous image, too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Siobhan, the image is beautiful and I love the vintage muted colours. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card, lovely colours and image.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...