Thursday 29 November 2012

Woodware - Christmas Gifts

This week's challenge is to come up with a Christmas Gift idea. I always have great intentions to make more gifts at Christmas, but never actually get round to it. So this year I am determined to make some stationary boxes with a selection of hand made cards to give to non-crafting friends. My friend Liz led a few workshops making these, back in the days of Stampaholics. They went down well but I never got the chance to join the workshop. I had always intended to have a go so here it is 3 years later!! The template and instructions can be found on Splitcoast Stampers and is really easy to make. The key really is to use 12 x 12 paper that is quite thick but you could use card stock and stick decorative panels on top. So here it is ..... my stationary box.

 This is the completed box. The flower was made from several layers of large daisies punched from text paper coloured and scrunched up.
Then open the box : 


The front folds down to reveal the compartments for your handmade cards and tags. The main compartment will take 6x6 inch cards.

 I also made a little address book and an envelope to hold postage stamps. 


These 3x3 inch gift cards fit perfectly into one of the front pockets.


Then I made some luggage label style tags to go in the other front compartment. I thought these would look good on parcels wrapped with brown paper and tied with raffia. In fact I will gift wrap this gift in that way to suggest that idea to my friend.
Then I made six square 6x6 cards in a similar theme. The intended recipient is a bit of a nature lover so I thought she would like these.






All the stamps used in the cards are by Stampendous. They are all images I use time and time again. The next stationary box I make is for someone who likes cute and girly things. Really, the possibilities are endless.
There have been some really inspiring projects this week on the Woodware blog ranging from a gift bag, a muffin tin advent calender and a Noel Christmas decoration. Be sure to pop over for a look!!
I am looking forward to a quiet weekend before the madness that is Christmas completely takes over!! 
Siobhan x

1 comment:

  1. Every family has them, everyone knows one, and we all struggle to find just the right Christmas Gift each year Christmas Gifts for Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...