Friday 21 December 2012

The Stamp Man - In the bleak mid winter

Well it has certainly been a bleak mid winter this week with not a snowflake in sight!! And that's our theme this month at The Stamp Man challenge blog.
For my project I revisited a technique I haven't used for years - using household bleach. I used my all time favourite Dreamweaver stencil LJ849 Bare Trees Silhouette. I taped the stencil down onto black Bazzill card stock and spritzed neat cheap household bleach over the entire stencil.


Then with a piece of torn paper I covered the top two thirds of the stencil and spritzed again to further develop the bleaching effect to create an horizon line. I also cut out a circle mask and spritzed through that to create the moon. Remember to cover your work surface well and avoid the temptation to wipe your hands on your jeans!!


To finish off I used Stampendous Aged Ivory Frantage embossing powder on the Tim Holtz snow flurry border, round the edges of the background panel and also on the die cut snowflakes.
The reindeer was die cut from mount board and I built up several layers of the Aged Gold Frantage embossing powder then sank a flourish stamp into the hot layers to give the deer some nice textural detail.
Although dark and moody I thought it kind of captured the mood of the bleak mid winter theme. 
There is a voucher to be had if you enter the challenge, about 60 people have and there are some great interpretations of the theme. Check out the blog for details.
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you have a lovely time with friends and family and don't over indulge too much. My highlight in the run up to Christmas will be sitting watching the final of Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow night with a glass of wine and some tapas (my hubby is cooking!!)
Siobhan x

4 comments:

  1. Howdy very cool blog!! Guу .. Excellent .
    . Amazing .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds also? I'm glad to find numerοus useful info right here in the
    post, we wаnt wοrk out еxtra strategies іn
    this regaгd, thank you for ѕharing.
    . . . . .

    http://portalios.com/leelepik/2011/10/23/useԁ-bucket-tгucκ-ѕales-how-to-avoid-scams/
    My blog - portalios.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Yvonne, a fabulous way to create the lighter areas .
    Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get opinions from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Bless you!
    wholesale clocks australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...