Friday 13 September 2013

Woodware - Sketch Challenge 26

Time for another sketch challenge over at Woodware this week. There have been some lovely samples so far and they have certainly given me a few ideas!!
This is our sketch : 
 

I have been playing with my stencils this week. As Autumn is fast approaching it reminded me that I had a lovely Dreamweaver stencil of a branch of maple leaves.
I wanted to use the stencil on a darkish blended background so I used Matt Black Embossing paste. I also used the new Dreamweaver pasting tool to spread my paste and it worked an absolute treat. When I did workshops using paste I found several of the ladies struggled with a palette knife. But this new tool is so easy. It is basically a long semi-circle of metal, easy to grip and wide enough to paste even large stencils in one or two sweeps!!


Once the paste dried I popped the stencil back on and sponged on some embossing ink to make the pasted leaves sticky. Then I brushed on several colours of mica powders (I used Pearl-ex but any mica powder will work just fine). A quick spritz of water helps seal the powder.

I layered up with some bronze card and the gold panel was stamped with leaves in gold and embossed with gold powder.

To finish of I die-cut and embossed a leaf from copper foil sheet. This is a great product that Woodware sell. It is nice and thick and so retains it's shape when die-cut. It also comes in gold and silver.


 I didn't put a sentiment on as I like to have a stock of blank cards that would do for sever occasions!!
Have a good weekend, although the weather is not meant to be good ... at least it's an excuse to get some time crafting!!
Siobhan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...