Tuesday 1 October 2013

Woodware - Alter it or Recycle it!!

This week our Woodware challenge is to either alter something or re-cycle something. I had recently bought some calendar tabs with the intention of making some desk calendars for Christmas gifts. So I thought I would make a start with one for this week's challenge.
I have an old chipboard book that I have never used and as the pages are nice and thick, they make a great base for the calendar.
I used the page as a template to cut out a piece of gold card for the background. This was stamped and embossed with gold. The stamp is an old Stampendous leaf border.


I also ran the gold pad all round the edges and embossed that as well to finish off the raw edge. I then chose a stamp for my main image and stamped it over a sponged setting sun. A little matting and layering and your done! 
I have an easel die which allows you to stand things up, but you can quite easily make your own stand or hanger if you prefer.




Normally I would cover the back with a nice piece of paper to finish off....especially in this case when there are holes in the back!!
Hope this has given you some ideas for quick Christmas presents. And good for fund raising sales of work.
I was down at Port Sunlight this weekend with some good friends for the Happy Stampers show. Although I was feeling a bit under the weather I really enjoyed it. Bought some lovely new things, saw some great demos and also met up with a couple of other friends. Now I am cuddled up on the sofa with a cosy blanket with a hot toddy writing my blog post. 
Linda in the middle of Janet and Liz outside Hulme Hall in Port Sunlight

Liz and Lynne outside the hall. 



1 comment:

  1. It was certainly lovely meeting up with you all Siobhan. loving your projects as always - those monochrome Christmas cards are just so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...