Monday 17 March 2014

Retreat in Yorkshire

My friend Linda and I are back after our little trip to Beamsley in North Yorkshire for the Beamsley Babes craft retreat. We had a great weekend crafting, eating, laughing and catching up with our fellow crafting friends from all over the place. The theme this weekend was backgrounds using Tim Holtz products. We got a lovely goody bag to start us off. The folder was an ideal place to store our finished tags and will be a great little reference library of all the techniques we tried.


I thought I would share some of the tags I made.



This was blended distress "Spritz and Flick" and probably my all time favourite technique for making quick backgrounds. We were also using a lot of the new Tim Holtz masks. And I just adore these Paper Artsy fish.

This was made using Distress Stains and adding water to let the colours run into each other. I just finished it off with an Indigo Blu stamp. 

















These were made by applying Distress paint through a mask and then adding colour on to. The paint acts as a resist.


I love the elephant stamp and just had to use it somewhere!! And I bought the spider charms which I also just had to use.


The bunny was covered with Picket Fence Crackle paint. Once dry we used Distress Stains to add colour and really show off the crackle. I will definitely be using this technique again.



















This technique is called marbled stains and done which Picket Fence and 2 or 3 other colours. I liked the sort of chalky effect with this finish. 

Liz Smith gave us a little tutorial on Zentangling. I always struggle with this but today decided to have a wee go. I hope to improve with practise. But I like the idea of having the little notebook in my bag so I can doodle anywhere. So Liz thanks for inspiring me to have another go.


And finally on Sunday morning we had a go at decorating a white Ikea mirror. Mine was made using a mixture of die cuts and texture paste through a mask. It is very much a work in progress and once finished I will post it.


So Ann thanks so much for your class and inspiration. Linda and I managed to get the barbed wire die on the way home!!
So as you can see a busy weekend. I really do not want to go back to work tomorrow as I just want to stay at home to play!!
I will back tomorrow with this weeks project for Woodware. Luckily I made it before I went away....!
Have a good week.
Siobhan xx


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a fantastic weekend. Stunning makes and a super way to store them
    Yvonne x
    p.s. Hope you are all well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you Yvonne, hope you will make in September.

      Delete
  2. Stunning tags you have shared and beautiful storage.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had loads of fun and just what Linda would have enjoyed, and needed. Hope you didn't wear my wee pal out, lol, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tags , wonderful techniques.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...