Saturday 28 June 2014

WOODWARE - Pink and Green

This week we are using pink and green as the colour combination for this week's challenge on the Woodware blog. I am last up this week and there have been some gorgeous cards this week. I wanted to try out this Stampendous stamp "Bowl Bouquet"



I stamped it onto watercolour paper with Versamark and embossed with white powder. Then using watercolour pencils I used a wet paintbrush to pick up colour directly from the pencil and puddled it over the image. This gives a lovely delicate watercolour effect and the white embossing acts as a resist. Then I added a few splatters from the brush to finish off.
Here is the finished card:



I layered up with pink card and a birthday sentiment. Check out the Woodware blog for other pink and green creations.
I have had a few requests to make cards for people at work lately so I thought I would share a few of these.
A work colleague asked for an engagement card for her daughter. Her boyfriend proposed during a picnic so I used that as inspiration for this easel card :





I love this Lili of the Valley stamp of the couple!!
Next a birthday card for someones friend who loves hillwalking:


Then a 60th birthday card for a colleague's husband who likes shooting pheasants and loves black labs :


And finally for our work colleague Ed who has been known to play air guitar in the corridor at work ... we recently got an I-Pod and docking station at work for the patients to listen to music whilst having their scans!! Ed obviously enjoys it too.


Right folks I am away to tidy my craft room ... it is a bit of a mess!! I have a new table to put up which does not sag in the middle like my current desk. But I need to make a bit of space first to get it in!!
Hope you have a good weekend whatever you are doing!
Siobhan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...