Thursday 10 July 2014

WOODWARE - Poppies ...... as we remember

Our July Retailer is Linda who runs LLinda’s Craft Shop in Laneham, North Nottinghamshire. LLinda’s is a shop full of inspiration and with regular paper crafting workshops. Linda is one of the talented bunch that qualified as Certified Dreamweaver Teachers earlier in the year. Llinda’s Blog will give you a glimpse of the goings on in the shop. You can find workshop details, directions and much much more on LLinda’s Website. As this is an important year of remembrance the theme that Linda has chosen is
The Poppy….as we remember 

Woodware like to involve their retailers in our challenge blog. And as a previous shop owner I remember how important it is to support your local retail craft shop. Buying on- line is all very well but nothing replaces the pleasure of being part of the crafting community that naturally forms as part of a good craft shop. Linda has chosen a theme that is obviously close to her heart. And here is my take on her poppy challenge.


I have used my two most favourite techniques for this card. First a background of blended dye inks then distressed with a few flicks of water. The poppies come from a clear set from Artemio which I think is called "Meadow Flowers". I used brush markers to colour directly onto the stamp and then spritzed with water to mix the colours. I used a mask of torn paper to sponge black ink along the base of the card to look like the ground.


The words come from a Woodware set that Jane designed with grasses on it. I thought the words were just perfect to finish off the card. 
I don't know about you but I watched a lot of the programs over the D Day celebrations earlier this summer and was just in awe at some of the stories I heard and just how many young men lost their lives. It really does make you think and appreciate what we have now.
Remember to take a look at all the other gorgeous poppy creations on the Woodware blog.
Siobhan x

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...