Wednesday 27 August 2014

WOODWARE - Sketch 37 Challenge

This month's sketch challenge at Woodware was set for us by our very own Jane. I love using parts of stamps to build up a mosaic of pieces. And with so many beautiful Stampendous stamps to chose from, these are fun to make. I usually punch out more squares than I need, but they just get put in a box to use another time!!
Here is the sketch :



And here is my take on the sketch:



The background was built up with blended dye inks and a mask, followed by some soft stamping. I am sure you are bored rigid as I use this technique all the time!! I recently acquired this Mascil and used by sponging ink through in places for a softer effect.



I love masks and I must try to use them more!!



The rest is straight forward. A couple of the images were white embossed to act as a resist to the inks blended over them. I then ironed off the embossing to leave a flat surface. That allows you to add a little stamping detail over the top.



I love the little Stampendous bird. It is definitely in my top ten favourite and most used stamps.
Check out the Woodware blog to see what the other girls make this week. Yesterday Debs made great little flowers from Card Candi. She has a tutorial on her blog on how to make them. I might give them a go myself!!
That's it for this week from me. Next week we are working with canvas. That should be interesting. But for now the ironing board is calling, my husband needs work shirts!!
Siobhan x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous ,love all the background stamping and the variety of squares and I think I really need that stencil, great techniques, love it all

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...