Thursday 2 June 2011

Cards for Men - Woodware Design Team

This week we are featuring "Cards for Men". This is always a challenge!! I decided to dig out an old Magenta stamp featuring 3 elephants. It is still current and available from Woodware stockists. I have used this on many occasions in the past for male birthdays and also "Sorry I forgot". I tend to put something inside along the lines "An elephant never forgets..... but sadly your Aunty Siobhan does" . For a card maker I am a bit hopeless at times!
Deep Impression Embossing









 Here is the finished sample. I build up about 3 or 4 layers of gold and copper embossing powders on a piece of mountboard cut slightly bigger than the stamp. Whilst still hot I stamped into the molten powder to give this lovely textured piece. I then brushed over a little pewter pearl-ex powder to highlight the elephants. The dotty grasses (also a Magenta stamp) were stamped in Brilliance Crimson Copper ink along the bottom of the paper.
Check out the other DT member's cards  at the Woodware Blog

2 comments:

  1. Now why didn't I think to use that stamp for my Get Well Card, love it! I thought I was blogging late last night! Having trouble posting comments in case you wonder why I am a bit quiet at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm fantastic! Love elephants and this one is brilliant. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...