Sunday 26 June 2011

The Stampman Challenge - Butterflies and Dragonflies

The latest challenge at The Stamp Man is Butterflies and Dragonflies. I decided to go for a kind of Nature Journal look for this card. The butterfly stamps are an old Hero Arts set which I haven't used in a long time!
 I stamped the butterflies in Archival Coffee ink. Then I cut out masks and over stamped with the Hero Arts Journal page stamp. I then distressed the edgess, added the ferns and layered up with an old book page. I even used my Distress Stains for the first time to distress the text page.
I used Tim Holtz tissue tape top and bottom, added a few finishing touches and it's done. I added interference pearl-ex to the butterfly wings for shimmer. Although you don't see that too well in the photo.

"A Miraculous Journey"

7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Siobhan, I love the stamps you have used and the layering with the old book page.
    Thankyou for joining us at the Stamp Man challenge and good luck.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very attractive assemblage. works beautifully with a nice eclectic vintage feel.
    Z x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siobhan,
    This is beautifully done. I love the images and the textured feel to this card. It's gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, love the vintage colours and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and colouring, nice vintage feel. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe you enteres a butterfly/dragonfly comp... !!! Gorgeous work ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at The Stamp Man. Your work is always beautifully executed and I love the layering you've achieved.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...