Saturday 2 July 2011

Birthday Wishes - Woodware Design Team

This week's DT theme is "Birthday Wishes" . So I guess anything goes! I chose to use one of my all time favourite Magenta Stamps - the Onion Flower tile. This stamp has versatility written all over it. It lends itself to so many techniques like resist, brushless watercolour, deep impression embossing to name a few. For my main card I stamped it onto white card with versamark and embossed with white powder. I then chose 3 shades of soft blue pigment inks and used DTP (direct to paper) over the top. This is easier with small pads like dew drop shaped pads. It makes it easier to blend. Wipe off the excess with paper towel to let the image pop!
Magenta Onion Flower
The "Blowing Birthday Wishes" stamp is by Stampendous. For the butterfly I dragged a Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue ink pad over a scrap of plain vellum. I then embossed it with crystal embossing powder and punched out a butterfly. I don't think it shows in the photo but it does give a lovely transluscent, glittery effect.
When I had my shop the Onion Flower was one of our best selling stamps. 

Here are a couple of other samples with this stamp. 
Alcohol Inks directly on stamp and stamped on glossy card.

Silver powder and Distress Inks

1 comment:

  1. Love these cards Siobhan !! So pretty.

    hugs diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...