Wednesday 20 July 2011

Woodware Design Team - A Touch of Pink

I am not really a pink kind of girl!! But when I was dusting my dressing table (YES, I DO DUST OCCASIONALLY), I saw this little doll that my friend Carey gave me a few years ago. 


So this reminded me that I had a lovely little Woodware stamp set of these cute little "Oriental Ladies" FRCL070. Just perfect for this week's challenge.
The biggest challenge this week was finding them!! 

Rather than stamp onto a white background I sponged a light background using strips of torn paper to create a sort of landscape effect, If you look carefully you should see Mt Fugi behind the lantern (you have to use your imagination here!!) I used the Brilliance triple pad Twilight to give a nice soft shimmery effect

Then I stamped the branches, lady and lantern in black. I also stamped the lady and lantern onto a piece of the background paper to cut out to paper piece. I added gliiter to the flowers and made a little tag. I also used the Woodware inverted corner punch when layering up as this adds to the oriental feel.

A very simple card but quite pretty I think. 

A Touch of Oriental Pink 
 I wonder what the rest of the team do this week, why not stop by the Woodware Blog to have a look.
 

3 comments:

  1. Uhooi,,
    Wow, It works very nice, sweet and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Siobahn,its very oriental and LOVE Mt. Fuji,luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your oriental pink scene Siobahn !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...