Tuesday 28 May 2013

Woodware - Backgrounds

This week at Woodware we are playing with background techniques. I used to spend so much time looking through my paper stash for the perfect background for my main image. I have since learnt it is often easier to make your own. I like to layer images for backgrounds and this ghosting technique is a perfect starting point.


 For the first layer I stamped seashells (all Stampendous stamps) onto white card stock with white pigment ink. Once dry I blended over Robin's Egg, Baby Blue, Seaglass and Sky Blue over the top. I really like this subtle resist as a first layer.


 With the same stamps I stamped first and second generation inkings over the top with aqua and my background is ready to use.


The perfect background for my little Stampendous mermaid!! I added a little Shabby White embossing powder to look like a sandy seabed and to ground the image. And then I found the little seahorse in my stash as a finishing touch!!


Do check out the Woodware blog to see what the other girls are up to with their background techniques this week. 
Where did the sunshine go!! Well at least we had a nice couple of days at the weekend!!
Have a good week.
Siobhan x

5 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous Siobhan x Your backgrounds are always stunning x thanks for sharing the technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card.I love the mermaid!The background is fab too.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen you doing this technique so many times. Love your choice of colours - thank you for sharing <3 Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, As always!! Featuring on our blog today. Love your work, Siobhan! Thanks for using our products!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This haѕ mаde me conѕider if there's a few ways I could do things in a more focused manner.

    My weblog ... www.base-autonome-Durable.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...