Thursday 27 June 2013

Woodware - Cats and Dogs

I have often wondered where the saying "It's raining cats and dogs" comes from. Well there are plenty cats and a dog over at Woodware this week. I am really a dog person, having two myself. But when it comes down to doggy stamps I don't have many at all. So I have gone with this lovely cat stamp by Stampendous. Our DT member Pam has already used it this week in her lovely card!!
My offering is far simpler. I have made some book plates and a matching envelope. This very studious cat is just perfect for these.


 I made 6 of each colour and cut them out using a rectangular die to keep them all exactly the same size. I am trying to source some nice thick paper that is already gummed on the back. But for the moment I just used Lick'n'stick on the back so the recipient can stick them into a book.




 The little envelope was adapted from a template I use for a longer coin envelope. I cut it out of some scrapbook paper.




The fastener was simply a large brad positioned so the envelope flap can tuck under it to hold it in place.



 The same image was used on the front of the envelope.


Then just pop in the book plates along with a book shop gift card and you have a nice little gift.
Have a good weekend everyone. I am catching up with a friend on Saturday then it's into the garden hopefully to get some planting done. 
Siobhan xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...