Saturday 15 June 2013

Woodware - Sketch 24



It's a really quick card from me this week as I am away from home. So this had to be done and dusted before I left. But sometimes the cards you make in minutes are just as effective as ones you spend ages on!
It's Sketch 24 at Woodware this week. I don't know where Dorothy gets all these sketch ideas from, but at least it takes the worry about layout away from you. 
Here is the sketch :

I have used one of my favourite techniques which is water stamping. I blended some blues and greens (dye inks) onto white card stock. Starting with quite a dark background gives you the best contrast. The stamp I used is an all time favourite by Stampendous called "Agapanthus cluster". I have had it for years and still love it.


I inked the stamp with Versamark first. This helps retain more water on the stamp. Spritz generously with water and stamp. When you lift off you are left with this beautiful negative image. I also find if I press really firmly and hold for a few seconds, the paper starts to break down a bit and you get a texture to it as well. 


 The background panel uses the same stamp but using Cotton White Staz-on on vellum. I love that effect too.


 So apologies for being a bit lazy this week using techniques I have used many times before!! I hope to be a bit more creative next time. 
Have a great weekend. I don't think I will see much of Sunday as I will most likely be jet lagged!!
Siobhan x


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...