Sunday 10 March 2019

Canvas for Catriona

I have been wanting to create a canvas for my daughter Catriona. I had this photograph of Catriona taken on her wedding day, after hair and makeup done just before she got into her wedding dress.
I was unsure whether to go with a black and white copy or colour. In the end I decided to use the colour photo as it shows off her red hair.





The first stage was to start selecting the embellishments. I wanted to use some gorgeous lace that I had found a while ago and had kept for this project. I used a combination of lace and paste through a stencil. The stencil was from Finnabair and had an Art Deco feel. This was the general theme of Catrionas wedding and I thought it would work really well.



This was me laying out all the embellishments to get an overall idea of the final layout before sticking anything down.
And after painting all the flowers and adding wax I ended up with the finished canvas.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...