Friday 29 April 2011

Less is More - Off Centre

My friend Liz has just found a great challenge blog "Less is More". I love simple cards. I think we often get caught up in trying too hard to impress with complicated layouts and embellishments. So it is very refreshing to get back to basics. This is definitely right up my street. So thanks Liz http://haliziar.blogspot.com/ for pointing me in this direction. I do apologise for so many setting suns recently. I tend to go through phases of doing particular things!!


So this is my entry for this challenge. The bird stamp is an old favourite from Penny Black and the sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo.

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2011/04/week-12-recipe-off-centre.html

16 comments:

  1. What a beauty, fantastic stamping, masking and colouring.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you found us and I hope you'll stick with us from now onwards.
    This is a fabulous card, I love the technique you used and the image is super!
    I have a rather important wedding to watch today, so I'm sitting comfortably in front of my TV and hoping for fine weather!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card perfect sentiment
    Have a great BH weekend
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the sponged sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is fab. Great sponging, image and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card
    So striking!
    Welcome to our challenge, do hope you stay and join in every week

    Thanks so much
    mandi
    Diva LIM
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely work - so well made and love the images and tones.

    Sarah at 182

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, lovely stamping.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Knew you would take up the challenge, love what you have come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super stamping and lovely effect. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I like this!!! I really like the simplicity of that stamp and your sponging is fab! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The setting suns are so effective though! Stamping the bird on a branch in black looks fabulous against this sun and the sentiment balances beautifully - a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, love it to pieces:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...