Thursday 10 November 2011

Winter Wonderland

Over at Crafty Individuals this month the challenge has been chosen by Lynne. She has picked "Winter Wonderland". This is a theme I love. As most of you know I have a thing about birds. However at Christmas I love snowflakes and reindeer. A perfect combination for this challenge...!!
I wanted to try something a little more ambitious this time. I had a couple of days off work to look after Rory after his eye op. In between trying to get the muzzle on to administer the drops, I manage to make a start on this altered frame. I have had this frame sitting under my desk for ages so it was lovely to actually do something with it. The photos aren't great as it's hard to get to photo anything in daylight just now but hopefully you will get the general idea.
Winter Wonderland

I painted the triptych frame with gesso and several layers of acrylic and metallic paint. I stamped a scratch background all over. Then came the fun bit of decorating. I stamped and embossed swirls and snowflakes.
Then I chose images for each aperture. The middle one is this beautiful new CI stamp with the reindeer. This is the stamp I chose for coming in the top 5 of a previous challenge.


This was the main inspiration for the whole project.

The top panel was a combination of stamps from another Crafty Individuals set.

For the bottom panel I used an old Inkadinkadoo stamp of an old fashioned Father Christmas with his reindeer.

All you Tim Holtz fans will recognise the die cuts as Tim's alteration die "Reindeer Flight"
Detail of the deer and embossed snowflakes


I really enjoyed making this. Think I am going to keep this myself!! There are lots of other amazing projects this month at the Crafty Individuals blog.

7 comments:

  1. Stunning! All that wonderful detail! Lovely work. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is beautiful Siobhan - I wouldn't be parting with it myself either! Thanks so much for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siobhan, GREAT FRAME!!!!!!!! Love the colours, the images, the way the frame is decorated, in fact everything about it. What a lovely decorative frame for Christmas and a lovely entry for the Crafty Individuals 'Winter Wonderland' challenge. Its a few years since we met at Elusive Images retreat, good to find you on here. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous...all those layers of colors give a wonderful effect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siobhan
    This is stunning. I want to sit and study the detail you have created. The embossing adds the most perfect detail.
    Beautiful colour selection.
    So glad you shared this with us at the CI Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Siobhan, and I especially love your maple leaf card from an earlier post too,

    Thanks for your msg on my blog. We're all ok, but I have been having a HUGE amount of dental work done (root canal and extractions and now they need to create a 'bite' for me along with a splint ... ) so I've been a bit wabbit.

    A happier piece of news is that Liz is due baby no 2 on Monday !

    Hope you're all well and Rory continues to get better. Will stalk you again soon.... !!

    Margaret C xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. siobhan showing of winter season in different manner is amazing its very appreciating like it so much

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...