Thursday 22 December 2011

Au Revoir

This is my last post using the fabulous "Bon Voyage" set from Just Rite. I have enjoyed using this set as the images are so fine and detailed. The rest of the Creative Expressions DT have created some stunning artwork with this set too.
For this project I wanted a more masculine look. I found this fab paper from Graphic 45 so chose my colours around that.


I used an old Hero Arts background stamp called "French Writing" to stamp over the whole background panel with Old Paper Distress ink. Then I stamped the tower, crown and postmark with Old Paper and Pumice Distress ink to create the background. 


The border was actually from the square Fleur de Lis nestie. If you cut 2 sides off it is the perfect length to make a border. I then cut off the other two sides to create the ornate flourish at the top. I then stamped the Eiffel tower twice onto some background paper and cut out one to 3-D it. Add a few pearls and you are done. 
Check out the Creative Expressions website for all these wonderful products

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful swan song for this stamp set! Really love this and it is perfect with this fabulous paper! Happy, happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely goodby to the stamps, but I suspect they will get a lot more use....I know I will be using mine a lot...think I might use them with the new Wendy Veechi stamps too.

    Happy Christmas...hope to see loads more fab artwork in the new year!
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design as always. Happy Christmas to you and yours. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Siobhan.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...