Friday 10 August 2012

The Stamp Man - Precious Medals/Metals - Olympics - Gold, Silver of Bronze

Time for another new challenge over at The Stamp Man. Angela is hosting this challenge and she wants us to make something inspired by the Olympics. Team GB have done a fantastic job representing our country and winning so many medals. My only regret is that I haven't been able to watch more of it. Although I did see Andy Murray win his gold medal!!

So my project is a loose interpretation of the theme. I had a chipboard circle and ring (Wendy Vecchi Art Parts) as my starting point. I thought the ring would represent one of the Olympic rings.


I covered the ring with aluminium tape (from B&Q), then used metal tools to add rivets etc. I used alcohol inks to colour the silver tape. Once dry I wiped over a black StazOn pad then sanded with some fine grit paper. During the opening ceremony the forged rings came out of the fire and then all fused together. So my faux metal ring came from that idea. I wanted it to look like a porthole looking out to a world of possibility ...I know, I do get a bit carried away at times!!
The background was made using blended distress inks and a few flicks of water, then over stamped with various Tim Holtz stamps.

 
Then to finish off I wanted my umbrella man looking out about to step out into a brighter world ....right that's enough of the poetic licence!!
To fit the gold theme I build up about 4 layers of gold embossing powder then sunk in a beautiful flourish stamp (this on is my favourite and is from Hero Arts). I had inked the stamp with Versamark before making the impression. This allowed me to dust over a little bronze mica powder to highlight the flourish. You don't really see that in the photo unfortunately.


Why not join us on the Stamp Man challenge blog and enter a project. You never know, it could be you winning a place in the top 5. 
Thank goodness it's Friday, another very busy week and I am so looking forward to a quiet weekend!! Hope you all have a good one too!
Siobhan x
 

9 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous project! Love the embossed umbrella man and the metallic ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The triple embossing technique you used on umbrella man is perfect, it jumps out at you and that flourish stamp is divine. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful loving the triple embossing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Siobhan, love the texture from the embossing and the circle representing the Olympic rings is perfect. Hope you are keeping well. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Siobhan I just love this, such a brilliant interpretation and wonderful techniques. I love it.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have found your blog....you produce some lovely work! The umbrella man is stunning!, Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Siobhan this is just stunning and well deserved of poetic licence.
    Everything about it is just beautiful.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fabulous!!! Extremely creative. I love the different techniques you used on this gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this when I saw it on the Stamp Man and meant to come over then. . . . you know how it is though!
    I love working with metal tape and what you've done here is so fab! I also love the embossed man which you've stamped into - such fun to do that although I'm always worried my stamp will suffer!
    Enjoy the last part of your weekend.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...